OESD School of Embroidery Live
OESD Instructor: Lisa Veith
In this two day hands-on event you will learn skills and techniques to increase your embroidery expertise. Learn shaping, design placement, editing, and other skills and techniques. Plus our certified embroidery expert will provide a stabilizer lesson to ensure your embroidery projects make the grade!
• Two fun-filled days of hands-on projects with exclusive OESD projects
• Step-by-step handouts for all projects in full color
• Class USB with all class project handouts and designs
• Project kits, including 4 spools of Isacord thread, for ALL 4 projects for EVERY attendee!
• Trunk show of beautiful embroidery projects and inspirations
• Door prizes and giveaways
• Goody bag valued at over $300 filled with embroidery items and an exclusive OESD design library with over 100 designs
• Exciting product specials available only to attendees
Everyone is welcome to attend. All machines and supplies - and lunch and snacks - are included.
Sleep In Your Own Bed Retreat with Michelle Renee Hiatt
Stay in your Bed Retreat with Michelle
Join Michelle Renee Hiatt, of Sew on the Go for a fun-filled weekend! Pamper yourself with a retreat-like atmosphere, while sleeping in your own bed! Come sew, laugh and be pampered, you deserve a “me” weekend.
Michelle, Quilt Designer, Blogger and Certified Quilt Instructor will be teaching two of her latest designs; Moonlight Garden and Majesty Lemoyne. You can choose either projects (details below). Both projects come together easily with the Studio 180 Design’s (Deb Tucker) tools. Additionally, both designs feature the Lemoyne Star, without “Y” Seams! That’s right, Michelle will teach you the Rapid- Fire method, which is strip piecing.
The weekend includes 2 days of sewing instruction, plus a fun Saturday evening activity and open sewing until 9pm. 2 lunches and Sunday morning pastries will be provided. Join us for the fun!
Don’t worry if you aren’t local, we can recommend several local hotels!
Moonlight Garden is an eye-catching display of Lemoyne Star and Straw Flowers set on a split two-toned background. The Lemoyne Star Flowers, made with Jelly Roll strips (2 ½” Strips) or yardage, come together easily using the Rapid-Fire strip-piece method. The split two-toned background amongst the Straw Flowers creates a magnificent moonlight cascade through-out the quilt.
Moonlight Garden looks great on any color background fabric, the split-two toned background works best with high contrast between the two shades. Moonlight Garden requires Studio 180 Design’s Rapid-Fire Lemoyne Star™, Tucker Trimmer III™, and Corner Pop™
Featuring Michelle’s newly created Majesty Lemoyne Star! Michelle alternated this fabulous Majesty Lemoyne with the first block she remembers her Grandmother teaching her to make, the Log Cabin Block. The combination radiates stateliness, especially with the Empire Border!
The Bright fabrics in the Majesty Lemoyne Stars and Log Cabin blocks are created with strips from various vibrant Fat Eights or Fat Quarters. This quilt could as easily be made with yardage, half yards or strips of scraps! The Background can be made with yardage or you may elect to go scrappy, selecting assorted Scraps, Fat Quarters, or Half Yards, that are in a similar colorway (white on white, cream on ivory, black on black, etc.).
This quilt is extremely versatile, since the entire quilt is made with strips and is strip pieced! No Y Seams! Majesty requires Studio 180 Design’s Rapid-Fire Lemoyne Star™ and Tucker Trimmer III™.
NorthCott Fabrics Stonehenge 10 Year Anniversary Solstice Panel Quilt Challenge
In celebration of the 10th anniversary of the iconic Stonehenge brand, our shop is hosting a Solstice Panel Quilt Challenge!
- Quilters are challenged to use the Solstice panel in a creative way to make a quilt no larger than 60”x 60”. The quilt top must be made of 100% Stonehenge fabrics from the Solstice Anniversary collection with the option of including the Gradations Oxidized Copper palette and the Robin’s Egg green SKU 39300-79.
- The quilt backing can be any fabric of your choice.
- The quilt must be finished-quilted and bound. The binding must be a Stonehenge fabric.
- Each participating shop runs their own in-store contest and accepts their local entries.
- You must physically submit your panel quilt to your local participating Block Party quilt shop by November 30th 2019. That shop will judge entries and pick a winner, who will receive a Stonehenge Precut prize!
NorthCott Fabrics Stonehenge Block Party
March 15-September 30th, 2019
Northcott has created a Stonehenge Block Party that includes over 400 shops across North America! Each participating shop is designing and selling kits for a unique block pattern using fabrics from the Stonehenge Solstice 10th Anniversary collection. You can travel from shop to shop to collect these limited edition blocks. Pennington Quilt Works is participating with this Kaleidoscope block kit!
Block Party Quilt Contest:
1. Quilters are challenged to use 12 or more different blocks from the Stonehenge Block Party in a quilt design
2. The quilt top must be made of 100% Stonehenge fabrics from the Stonehenge Solstice Anniversary collection with the option of including the Gradations Oxidized Copper palette and the Robin’s Egg green SKU 39300-79. The quilt backing can be any fabric of your choice. The quilt must be finished – quilted and bound.
3. Take a photo or photos of your finished quilt and submit via Northcott’s online submissions page by December 31st, 2019. As part of your submission, you will be asked to include a list of the shops whose blocks are included in the quilt.
4. The Northcott judges will select 10 finalists and have them send in their quilts for a final round of judging. They will choose a 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winner!